When you try to perform an upgrade installation of Windows XP, you may receive the following error message:
An error occurred copying file cdrom.sys
to C:\$win_nt$.~bt\cdrom.sys. The file is missing.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type msconfig in the Open box, and then click OK
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the following check boxes:
- Click OK, and then restart your computer.
- Run the Windows XP setup program again.
Article ID: 822124 - Last Review: July 2, 2003 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional