If you use Outlook 2003 to view e-mail messages by the
conversation topic, you will notice the following differences in this view from
when you viewed e-mail messages by the conversation topic in Microsoft Outlook
2002 and earlier versions:
- Conversations do not collapse to use only one line of
vertical space for each conversation.
- The heading of each conversation topic is no longer shaded.
- The arrow keys do not move in the conversation header
Microsoft has changed the default behavior of the By
view in Outlook 2003.
To work around this behavior, use one of the following
methods for the behavior that you are experiencing:
- If conversations do not collapse to use only one line of
vertical space for each conversation, do the following:
View menu, point to Expand/Collapse Groups,
and then click to clear the Show unread and flagged messages
- If the heading of each conversation topic is no longer
shaded, follow these steps:
- On the View menu, point to
Arrange By, point to Current View, and then
click Customize Current View.
- Click Other Settings, and then click
to select the Shade group headings check box.
- If the arrow keys do not move in the conversation header
lines, do the following:
Use the ALT+UP Arrow and ALT+DOWN Arrow
keyboard shortcuts to move the focus to the next group header that is above or
below the current e-mail message or group header.
Article ID: 822975 - Last Review: January 6, 2006 - Revision: 2.4
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
|kbview kbpending kbprb KB822975|