Borland Turbo Pascal Version 6.0 is compatible with Microsoft Windows
when Windows runs under the conditions recommended by Borland.
According to "Borland Language Express," a technical support journal for
Borland products, the following procedures should be implemented for
running Borland Turbo Pascal 6.0 under Microsoft Windows versions 3.0 and
- Use a PIF file to start Turbo Pascal running in a full screen.
- If MS-DOS version 5.0 memory drivers are being used, add the RAM
parameter to the EMM386 device statement as follows:
- Use the -x- option with the Turbo IDE (independent development
environment) if EMS memory is not available.
- For mouse support, load the mouse driver from MS-DOS in the
AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS file.
NOTE: The status bar in Turbo Pascal for Windows does not repaint
properly when run under the Microsoft Windows operating system version
The Borland products included here are manufactured by a vendor
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding these products' performance or reliability.
"Borland Language Express," volume 2, no. 1, page 28
Article ID: 82386 - Last Review: February 27, 2014 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Windows 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.11 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive KB82386|