When you work with the Business Contact
toolbar in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, you may experience
the following symptoms:
- You cannot hide the toolbar.
- You can delete the toolbar, but you cannot show the toolbar
This behavior occurs because the Business Contact
toolbar is designed as an integral part of Business Contact
Manager. You cannot hide the toolbar.
To work around this behavior, use one of the following
To delete the Business Contact Manager
follow these steps.
- On the View menu, point to
Toolbars, and then click
- On the Toolbars tab, click
Business Contact Manager, and then click
- Click Close to close the
Customize dialog box.
To show the Business Contact Manager
the toolbar has been deleted, follow these steps:
- On the Help menu, click Detect and
- In the Detect and Repair dialog box, click
to select the Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box
(if it is not selected), and then click Start.
The Business Contact Manager
installed by Microsoft Business Contact Manager. By default, the
Business Contact Manager
toolbar contains the following items:
- Link to History: You can select
Business Contacts, Accounts, or
- Select button: This button changes to
Select Business Contact, Select Account, or
Select Opportunity, depending on what you select in the
Link to History box.
- Business Contact Manager Help
Article ID: 828245 - Last Review: January 24, 2007 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager