When you perform a typical installation of Microsoft Office
Visio 2007 or of Microsoft Office Visio 2003, not all the features of the program are installed as expected. For
example, you may find that the Metric content and some of the Office Tools are
The Metric or the U.S. content is installed depending on
your location. Other program elements, such as Office Tools, are set to be
installed on first use.
To resolve this behavior, use either of the following
For New Installations
Select the Complete installation
option in the
Visio Installation Wizard.
For Existing Installations
Use the Add or Remove Programs utility in Control Panel to
completely install Visio. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click
- In Control Panel, click Add or Remove
- In the list of currently installed programs, click
Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007, Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2003, or Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003, and then click
- In the Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Setup dialog box or in the Microsoft Office Visio 2003 Setup
dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click
- Under Choose update options for applications and
tools, click the down arrow to the right of Microsoft
Office, and then click Run all from My
- Click Update.
behavior is by design.
Article ID: 829932 - Last Review: April 11, 2007 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2003