Microsoft has released the Bookshelf Symbol 7 Font Removal
Tool. This tool removes the Bssym7.ttf font that is included in Microsoft
Office 2003. This font has been found to contain unacceptable
This article describes how to download and how to use the
Bookshelf Symbol 7 Font Removal Tool.
To run this tool on a computer that is running Microsoft
Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft Windows Server 2003, you must
be logged on to the computer with an account that has administrator
To download and to run the tool, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Download.
- Click Save to save the tool in the
- In Microsoft Windows Explorer, locate the file that you
downloaded, and then double-click the file that you downloaded to run the tool.
- When you are prompted to remove the Bookshelf Symbol 7
font, click Yes.
- Click Yes to accept the license
- When you receive a message that indicates that the font was
removed successfully, click OK.
When you remove the Bssym7.ttf font on a computer that has a
Japanese version of Office 2003 installed, some phonetic symbols may not be
Article ID: 833404 - Last Review: January 5, 2006 - Revision: 2.8
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003
|atdownload kbfont kbinfo kbupdate KB833404|