You cannot log on to a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer that is running Microsoft Windows Services for NetWare 5.02 from a Novell NetWare client by using a blank password. This article describes how to set a valid password.
If you try to log on to a Windows Server 2003-based computer that is running Windows Services for NetWare 5.02 from a Novell NetWare client, you cannot use a blank password.
To log on to the Windows Server 2003-based computer, set a valid password in Novell NetWare Server. To set a valid password, follow these steps on a Windows 2000-based computer or on a Windows XP-based computer that is running Novell NetWare Client 4.90 Service Pack 1a.Note
Contact your administrator for information about the valid password requirements.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Users and Passwords.
- Click the Users tab, and then click your name under User Name.
- In the Password for Your User Name box, click Set password.
The Change Password for Novell NetWare window appears.
- In the New password box, type a new password.
Do not type a password in the Old password box.
- In the Confirm new password box, type the new password again.
- Click OK.
You can log on to the Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer from the Novell NetWare client.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 837332 - Last Review: October 30, 2006 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Web Edition