When you try to open a word processor file in one of the
products that is listed in the "Applies To" section, you may experience either
of the following symptoms:
- Microsoft Works may stop responding (hang).
- You may receive an error message that is similar to the
following where filename is the name of the file
that you are trying to open:
Works cannot open
filename. The file may be in use by another
This problem may occur if one or more of the following
conditions are true:
- The file that you are trying to open is damaged.
- Works does not have the required text converters to open
Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the
following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your
product documentation to complete these steps.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All
Programs, point to Microsoft Works, and then click
Microsoft Works Word Processor.
- Click File, and then click
- In the Open box, locate the folder that
contains the file that you want to open.
- In the Files of Type box, click
Recover Text from Any File (*).
- Click the file that you want to open, and then click
Article ID: 841219 - Last Review: November 11, 2004 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Works 7.0
- Microsoft Works 6.0
- Microsoft Works Suite 2004
- Microsoft Works Suite 2003
- Microsoft Works Suite 2002
- Microsoft Works Suite 2001
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.