Microsoft has released the Microsoft Access 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Access 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that are contained in the hotfix package
This article describes the Microsoft Access 2002 issue that
is fixed in the Access 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated
June 2, 2004.
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
The following issue is fixed in this hotfix package:
Your converted database may not function as expected when you convert an Access database in Access 2002 from an earlier version of Access
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft
Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have
Office XP SP3 installed.
additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft
Windows Installer 2.0 or later.
For additional information about the Windows Installer
requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFFXP: Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix with Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, Microsoft has not tested this fix on Office XP SP2 to the same extent as on Office XP Service Pack 3. If you install this hotfix on a computer with Office XP SP2 installed, some file conflicts might occur. Microsoft supports this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any
hotfixes that are contained in this package.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to
correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the
files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest
The global version of this hotfix has the file
attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and
times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you
view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the
difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
02-Jun-2004 19:41 14,549,504 Msaccessff.msp (Full-File/Administrative)
02-Jun-2004 18:06 3,936,768 Msaccessop.msp (Optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this fix has
the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
29-May-2004 20:09 10.0.6717.0 5,778,120 Msaccess.exe
08-Oct-2003 04:20 10.0.0.5730 399,928 Mscdm.dll
For more information about installing this hotfix, see the
Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For additional information about the
terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released,
click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 842780 - Last Review: October 26, 2013 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbconversion kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbofficexppostsp3fix KB842780|