Microsoft has released the Microsoft Word 2000 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Word 2000. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes that are included in the hotfix package
- The files that are contained in the hotfix package
This article describes the Microsoft Word 2000 issue that is fixed in the Word 2000 post-Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix package that is dated June 14, 2004.
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
The following issue is fixed in this hotfix package, but was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- If you click a hyperlink in Microsoft Internet Explorer to open a Word 2000 document that is stored on a mapped drive, the title bar of the document window is titled "Document in Internet Explorer" instead of the actual file name. When you try to save changes to the Word 2000 document, the document is saved to the default save location of the My Documents folder instead of the original location of the mapped drive.
This issue may occur if the Browse in same window option is not selected for Word 2000 documents in Microsoft Windows Explorer.
To select the Browse in same window option, follow these steps:
- Start Windows Explorer. To do this, right-click Start, and then click Explore.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- On the File Types tab, click DOC Microsoft Word Document, and then click Advanced.
- In the Edit File Type dialog box for Microsoft Word Document, click to select the Browse in same window check box.
- Click OK to close the Edit File Type dialog box.
- Click Close to close the Folder Options dialog box.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized and full-file versions of this hotfix are a post-Office 2000 SP3 hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2000 SP3 installed.
For additional information about Office 2000 SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: Overview of Office 2000 Service Pack 3
- This hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 or later.
For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office 2000 updates and patches released after November 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is replaced by a later hotfix.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Word 2000 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: June 29, 2004
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that are contained in this package.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
14-Jun-2004 15:53 4,783,752 Winwordff.msp (Full-File/Administrative)
14-Jun-2004 15:40 1,718,920 Winwordop.msp (Optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this fix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
12-Jun-2004 02:05 126.96.36.19918 8,826,932 Winword.exe
For more information about installing this hotfix package, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 843611 - Last Review: April 7, 2006 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
|kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kboffice2000presp4fix kbhotfixrollup kbbug kbfix KB843611|