Article ID: 850226
I would like to create a Price Book to use with my Contracts. I would like to charge my Retail Customers one price for 24X7 and my Government Customers another price. How do I set this up in the Contract Administration module?
1. You will first need to create a Price Book in Contract Price Book Maintenance (Cards-Contract Admin.-Price Books).
a. Create a Price Book and description for Retail Customers
b. Create a Price Book and description for Government Customers
2. Next, add pricing information to the price book in Contract Pricing Maintenance (Cards-Contract Admin.-Pricing Maintenance).
a. Look up the Price Book created in step 1a.
b. Add in one or all of the following for search criteria: Item Class, Item, Customer Class, Customer.
For this example, you might create a Customer Class of Retail Customers and Govt Customers.
Add in an annualized base price of the product you are selling. If you add in 120.00 and create a year long contract, that would add 120/12=$10 a month to the Contract Line.
c. Add any options that you would like, such as 24 by 7 support, which could be set to provide an increase or decrease to the amount charged for a contract line item.
3. Create a Contract in Contract Entry/Update (Transactions - Contract Admin. - Contract Entry/Update).
4. Add a Price Book. You can set up a default Price book on the Contract Type to default.
5. Add Item(s) to the Contract in the Contract Line Maintenance window.
6. Add Option(s) on the Contract Header or on a Contract Line by clicking on the options button and choosing 24 by 7. This will roll down any additional charges to the contract line from the price book.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 18267
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.