This article describes how to create a Dexsql.log file for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
When you receive an error message in Microsoft Dynamics GP, a Dexsql.log file is a helpful tool that can frequently provide more information to troubleshoot issues. If you can re-create the error message, the Dexsql.log file can capture this information.
To create a Dexsql.log file, follow these steps:
- Open the Dex.ini file. By default, this file is in the following location:
- Locate the following statements in the Dex.ini file:
- If the statements are currently set to FALSE, change the statements to TRUE, as follows:
- Start Microsoft Dynamics GP. If Microsoft Dynamics GP is already started, exit Microsoft Dynamics GP, and then restart it.
- Re-create the scenario in which you received the error message. Stop before you receive the error message.
- In Windows Explorer, open the Microsoft Dynamics GP application folder that you opened in step 1. Locate the Dexsql.log file. Delete or rename this file.
If you do not see the Dexsql.log file, click View, and then click Refresh so that you can see the new file.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, complete the final steps to re-create the error message.
You now have a new Dexsql.log file in the Microsoft Dynamics GP application folder.
- Open the Dex.ini file, and then reset the statements to FALSE or to the original settings.
Article ID: 850996 - Last Review: October 28, 2013 - Revision: 9.0
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, when used with:
|kbexpertisebeginner kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbmbsmigrate KB850996|