Article ID: 864823 - View products that this article applies to.
You may receive the following error message if you try to email a report from Microsoft Business Solutions FRx:
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
This Quality Report applies to the Great Plains and Solomon products.
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect when email reports. This error will occur if the email address has a / or \ in it.
Reported in version:
6.5.152 for GP and Solomon
Steps to Recreate:
1. In Outlook, click on Tools, then Address Book.
2. Click on File, New Entry, then click OK with New Contact selected.
3. Enter anything in the Full Name field, enter your e-mail address in the E-mail field, change the File As field to something containing one or more of the invalid filename characters, then click the Save and Close button.
4. Within the tree in FRx, click in the Security/E-mail column, click the E-mail button, select your Contacts list in the field in the upper-right, then add the e-mail name you created.
5. Generate a report using this tree.
FRx will email the report.
You will receive either the error message The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." or "The system cannot find the path specified"
If you are experiencing the above Quality Report, please send an email to email@example.com. Include your name, authorized number, email address and the Quality Report number. You will be added to the list of users experiencing this problem and will be contacted once the issue is corrected.
Status of Resolution:
This problem report is scheduled for a service pack.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 4980
Article ID: 864823 - Last Review: July 20, 2011 - Revision: 2.0