Article ID: 865076 - View products that this article applies to.
S1T00: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
Description: "FRx Reporting Engine: S1T00: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired" followed by "FRx Reporting Engine: This report yielded no data." received generating FRx report(s).
Reported on Version: 6.5.152
Steps to recreate:
1. Restore the following Solomon application and system db’s: mlb_7447177app and mlb_7447177sys.
2. In FRx 6.5.152 setup a company as follows: FRx Company Code = BVHA Company Name=BVHA Natural Account Length=8 Company ID=BVHA
3. Set the above company as default.
4. Import the TDB file into the spec set used by the BVHA company.
5. Open Catalog ID: 17465 and make sure the report date is set to 8/31/2002.
6. Generate the report.
Expected Results: A timeout error should not occur for queries that run for 30,000 milliseconds; we need to increase this limit if possible to accommodate clients that want to run larger reports.
Actual Results: Receive the following errors during report generation... "FRx Reporting Engine: S1T00: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired" ...followed by... "FRx Reporting Engine: This report yielded no data." In the SQL trace it is noted that the errors are received when queries take longer than 30,000 milliseconds to run.
Put the Solomon databases on a SQL server with more resources and the query time will not exceed 30,000 milliseconds.
Status of Resolution:
This issue has been addressed in FRx 6.5.184 (sp5).
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 5154
Article ID: 865076 - Last Review: July 20, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
Contact us for more help