Article ID: 865646
What does my budget have to look like in Excel?
You must use the same column and row layout as a budget exported from Dynamics/eEnterprise.
In Dynamics/eEnterprise 6.0, You can export a blank budget by following the directions below:
1) Go to Cards - Financial - Budgets
2) Click on New, then select Using Budget Wizard for Excel.
3) Choose Next.
4) Enter an ID for the budget (such as BLANK or DEMO), a description, and a year for the budget. Click Next.
5) Select Blank Budget and click Next.
6) Leave the Years unchecked in the "Actual Amounts Selection" screen and click Next.
7) Choose the type of accounts you wish to include on your Balance Sheet, then click Next.
8) Continue clicking Next until you reach the end of the Budget Wizard, then click Finish.
A new Excel Spreadsheet will be created with the correct format for budgets in Dynamics/eEnterprise.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 5849
Article ID: 865646 - Last Review: October 15, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Contact us for more help