Microsoft has released the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Outlook 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that are fixed by the hotfix package
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that are contained in the hotfix package
This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issue that is fixed in the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated June 24, 2004.
Issues that are fixed by the hotfix package
The following issue is fixed in this hotfix package, but it was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you use the Do not deliver before option in an e-mail message in Outlook 2002, the e-mail message is never delivered and remains in your Outbox.
To use the Do not deliver before option in Outlook 2002, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook 2002, and then create a new e-mail message.
- On the View menu, click Options.
- In the Delivery options area of the Message Options dialog box, click to select the Do not deliver before check box, click the date and the time that you want the e-mail message to be delivered, and then click Close.
- Click Send to send your e-mail message to your Outbox.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 or later.
For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFFXP: Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix with Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) or with Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, Microsoft has not tested this fix on Office XP SP1 or Office XP SP2 to the same extent as on Office XP Service Pack 3. If you install this hotfix on a computer with Office XP SP1 or Office XP SP2 installed, some file conflicts might occur. Microsoft supports this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is replaced by a later hotfix.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: July 16, 2004
You do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that are contained in this package.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
24-Jun-2004 18:37 2,880,000 Olkintlff.msp (full-file/administrative)
24-Jun-2004 18:32 243,712 Olkintlop.msp (optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the English version of this fix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
18-May-2004 18:00 5.5.2658.7 820,688 Cdo.dll
19-Jun-2003 21:58 10.0.5417.0 133,696 Contab32.dll
05-May-2004 01:47 10.0.6713.0 113,352 Emablt32.dll
05-May-2004 01:47 10.0.6713.0 199,368 Emsabp32.dll
08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 539,336 Emsmdb32.dll
13-Oct-2003 20:03 10.0.6308.0 129,592 Emsui32.dll
24-Jun-2004 16:27 10.0.6720.0 854,728 Msmapi32.dll
17-Dec-2003 19:32 10.0.6515.0 535,240 Mspst32.dll
17-Dec-2003 19:31 10.0.6515.0 56,008 Olkfstub.dll
19-May-2004 23:52 10.0.6716.0 744,128 Outex.dll
08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 1,977,032 Outllibr.dll
13-Oct-2003 20:04 10.0.6308.0 338,496 Pstprx32.dll
For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 867821 - Last Review: November 1, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbofficexppostsp3fix kbbug kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbhotfixserver KB867821|