Microsoft has released the Word 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Word 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that are contained in the hotfix package
This article describes the Microsoft Word 2002 issues that are fixed in the Word 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated July 22, 2004.
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
The following issues are fixed in this hotfix package but were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you use Microsoft Word as the e-mail editor to copy and paste the text of an e-mail message in Microsoft Outlook to a Word 2002 document or to a Microsoft Office Word 2003 document and then open the document in Microsoft Word 97 for Windows, text may appear as tracked changes (revisions).
- When you programmatically move the insertion point in a document to a location that contains a Smart Tag or an AutoCorrect entry, the Smart Tag or the AutoCorrect entry blue icon does not appear. If you close the document with the insertion point in the location that contains a Smart Tag or an AutoCorrect entry, Word 2002 quits unexpectedly, and you receive the following error message:
If you view the details of the error message, you receive an error signature that is similar to the following:
Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
To see what data this error report contains, click here.
Application name Application version Module name Module version Offset
Winword.exe 11.0.5604.0 Winword.exe 11.0.5604.0 000443a7
- If you run a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro in a Word 2002 document that contains numbered paragraphs, you notice that list numbering for some of the paragraphs has been removed. This problem may occur if all the following conditions are true:
Note In the Show Repairs dialog box, you notice that repairs have been made to List level 1.
- The Word 2003 document contains an Outline numbered list.
- The VBA macro uses the ResetOnHigher property to programmatically set List level 1 to False.
- You click Open and Repair on the Open button in the Open dialog box to open the Word 2002 document.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 or later versions.
For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFFXP: Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix with Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, Microsoft has not tested this fix on Office XP SP2 to the same extent as on Office XP Service Pack 3. If you install this hotfix on a computer with Office XP SP2 installed, some file conflicts might occur. Microsoft supports this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is replaced by a later hotfix.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Word 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: August 2, 2004
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that are contained in this package.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
22-Jul-2004 15:37 8,312,832 Winwordff.msp (Full-File/Administrative)
22-Jul-2004 14:31 2,258,432 Winwordop.msp (Optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this fix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
21-Jul-2004 19:12 10.0.6724.0 10,627,784 Winword.exe
For more information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 873328 - Last Review: January 12, 2015 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kberrmsg kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbofficexppostsp3fix KB873328|