Microsoft has released the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Outlook 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that are fixed by the hotfix package
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that are contained in the hotfix package
This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issues that are fixed in the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix package that is dated July 15, 2004.
Issues that are fixed by the hotfix package
The following issue is fixed in this hotfix package:
You cannot forward an e-mail message that is saved as read-only in Outlook 2002 or in Outlook 2003
The following issues are also fixed in this hotfix package, but they were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- If you attach a shortcut item to a plain text formatted e-mail message or to an HTML formatted e-mail message by using a script, the attachment file name and its associated icon do not appear in the Attachments field when the recipient opens the e-mail message. However, if the recipient double-clicks in the empty Attachments field, the attachment opens. You experience this problem if you are running Microsoft Outlook 2002 Service Pack 3 (SP3).
Note This problem does not occur if you use a script to attach the shortcut item to a Rich Text formatted e-mail message.
- Outlook 2002 quits unexpectedly while you are editing a contact, and you receive the following error message:
If you view the details of the error message, you receive an error signature that is similar to the following:
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
AppName AppVer ModName ModVer Offset
Outlook.exe 10.0.4024.0 Outllib.dll 10.0.4219.0 004e86f5
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP SP3 hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 or a later version.
For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix with Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, Microsoft has not tested this fix on Office XP SP2 to the same extent as on Office XP SP3. If you install this hotfix on a computer with Office XP SP2 installed, some file conflicts might occur. Microsoft supports this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that are contained in this package.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
15-Jul-2004 22:09 7,755,264 Outlookff.msp (full-file/administrative)
15-Jul-2004 18:46 3,563,520 Outlookop.msp (optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this fix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 80,584 Dlgsetp.dll
08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 39,624 Dumpster.dll
26-Apr-2004 19:27 10.0.6712.0 109,256 Envelope.dll
30-May-2003 18:08 10.0.5328.0 253,952 Exchcsp.dll_0001
26-Apr-2004 19:27 10.0.6712.0 346,824 Exsec32.dll_0001
09-Aug-2002 03:22 10.0.4406.0 137,800 Impmail.dll
05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 187,072 Oladd.fae
05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 170,688 Olappt.fae
05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 137,920 Oljrnl.fae
08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 133,824 Olmail.fae
05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 166,592 Oltask.fae
08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 543,424 Outlcm.dll
04-Dec-2003 00:54 10.0.6501.0 92,688 Outlctl.dll
14-Jul-2004 22:34 10.0.6723.0 6,335,176 Outllib.dll
08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 92,872 Outlmime.dll
14-Jul-2004 22:34 10.0.6723.0 47,816 Outlook.exe
08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 129,728 Outlph.dll
08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 47,816 Outlvbs.dll_0001
For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 873347 - Last Review: October 27, 2013 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbofficexppostsp3fix KB873347|