Article ID: 875241
When I start Excel I get the error message : "Excel caused an IPF in module user.exe"
This issue may be caused by a corrupted Excel registry key, Excel.pip file, or by an incorrect file in the Xlstart folder.
The first thing you need to try to resolve this issue is renaming the Excel registry key, if this does not work you should try renaming the Excel.pip file.
For instructions on performing these tasks, please see knowledge base article 327761
Since upgrading to Excel 2002, why can I not print?
If you are having this problem, you may need to update your printer drivers. For the latest drivers, please visit one of the following?
- The Microsoft Windows Update site
- The website for the manufacturer of your printer
My macros will not run in Excel 2002, what can I do?
This problem may be caused because your security level is set to High.
To resolve this problem, you can add a key to the registry that allows Excel to run XLM macros when the macro security level is set to High. To do this, follow these steps:WARNING:
If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type regedit. Click OK.
- In the left pane, click the plus signs (+) to the left of the following items (in order):
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
- Type Security, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type XLM, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click XLM.
- Type 1 in the Value box, and then click OK.
- On the Registry menu, click Exit.
I get the error message: 'EXCEL caused a general protection fault in module 3Dfx16v3.drv at...', what can I do?
This error has been reported when using Voodoo3 2000, Voodoo3 3000 and Voodoo3 3500 TV graphics cards. It occurs in Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Winword and Visio.
To resolve this issue, download and install the latest version 1.02.18 or later of the video driver for your adaptor. Update video drivers are available from www.voodoofiles.com
What are the limits of what I can do in Excel?
There are certain limits within worksheets and workbooks in Excel. For more information, search for 'specification' using help in the version of Excel you are using.
Article ID: 875241 - Last Review: 12 July 2004 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.