Article ID: 875634 - View products that this article applies to.
1. Batches that have not been posted to the General Ledger may be deleted. See Resolution 4314.
2. Deleting a batch from the General Ledger does not affect the sub-module. If a batch was entered and released from a sub-module and then deleted from the GL Journal Transactions screen prior to posting, the sub-module will need to be corrected. For steps on correcting the sub-module, see Resolution 4429
Resolution 4314 - Delete the batch from General Ledger using Initialize Mode.
1. Initialize Mode must be selected to be able to edit the batch.
2. Initialize Mode rights should be restricted to the System Administrator.
3. If a batch is edited, month end closing procedures should catch any discrepancy between the General Ledger and the subsidiary ledger since transaction data will not tie.
4. Deleting a batch in this manner does NOT delete the batch from the sub-module where it was created. For example, if an Accounts Payable batch is deleted in General Ledger Journal Transactions (01.010), the batch is not deleted from the Accounts Payable module. However, the batch will not be accessible from the sub-module because the BATCH record will have a Status of 'D' and EditScrnNbr will be blank.
1. Close all Dynamics SL screens.
2. From the Options menu, turn Initialize Mode ON.
3. Open Journal Transactions and click on the Module field. Note: The Module field is only available when Initialize Mode is turned ON and the user has appropriate rights to Initialize Mode.
4. Enter the batch number to be deleted or use F3 to select from the Possible Values list.
5. Click the Delete button on the Dynamics SL Toolbar.
Note - If a batch is created in the General Ledger and is deleted prior to Posting, there is no need to proceed with resolution 4429. However, if the batch was created and released from a sub-module (such as AP, AR, etc.), and was then deleted using Initialize Mode in the GL Journal Transactions screen, you should use Resolution 4429 to correct the effects of that released batch in the sub-module.
Resolution 4429 - Enter a correcting batch of transactions from the sub-module.
1. When a batch is deleted prior to release from a screen such as Voucher & Adjustment Entry, the BATCH status is assigned as V (Void).
2. When a batch that was created in a sub-module is deleted in Journal Transactions, the batch is not deleted from the sub-module. The batch is only prevented from posting to the General Ledger. The batch status is assigned as D (Deleted).
3. To correct the batch, use the steps below. The example is for a batch of Accounts Payable Vouchers that was entered in Voucher and Adjustment Entry (03.010) but deleted from Journal Transactions before it could be posted. The Vendor balances would have been updated when the batch was released in Accounts Payable, therefore a batch of Adjustment Debits is needed to correct the Vendor balances.
a. Enter a batch of Adjustment Debits in AP to reverse the Vouchers.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 112088
Article ID: 875634 - Last Review: August 28, 2012 - Revision: 2.2
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.