When you start Microsoft Dynamics GP or Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains, you receive the following error message:
Additionally, when you click OK
, Microsoft Dynamics GP closes.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the paths to the dictionary files in the Dynamics.set file on the local computer are correct.
- If the paths are correct, re-create the Dynamics.set file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Rename the current Dynamics.set file.
- Copy over the Dynamics.set file from another workstation that contains the same modules and does not receive the error.
Note If the location of the code folder of Microsoft Dynamics GP differs between workstations, additional modifications may be needed to change the paths to the dictionary files in the new Dynamics.set file.
- Make sure that all users have permissions to the location that is specified for the application, the forms, the reports, or the third-party dictionaries.
- If another computer is working correctly, copy the Dynamics.dic file from the working computer to the computer that is experiencing the error message.
- If the error message still occurs, disable the reference to third-party dictionaries.
For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to disable third-party products in the Dynamics.set file in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Article ID: 875794 - Last Review: July 25, 2011 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
- System Manager, when used with:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 8.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 7.5
- Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics 7.0
- Microsoft Great Plains eEnterprise 7.0
|kberrmsg kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter kbmbsmigrate KB875794|