This article describes how to embed a slide from version 3.0 or later of
Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows into a Microsoft Word for Windows
document using the Clipboard.
To embed a slide from PowerPoint for Windows, you must be in slide
sorter view. In any other view, PowerPoint copies the information to
the Clipboard in picture format only. When you choose Paste Special
from the Edit menu in Word for Windows, the source is listed as
To correctly embed a slide from version 3.0 or later of Microsoft
PowerPoint for Windows into a Microsoft Word for Windows document, use
the following steps:
- In PowerPoint for Windows, click Slide Sorter on the View menu
to display the presentation slides in Slide Sorter view.
- Select the slide you want to embed in your Word for Windows
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Switch to Word for Windows. Open the document in which you want to
embed the PowerPoint slide.
- Position the insertion point where you want to embed the slide.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste Special. Under Data Type, select
PowerPoint Slide Object, and then click OK.
The selected slide is now embedded. If you want to edit the slide
in PowerPoint, double-click the embedded slide.
"Microsoft PowerPoint Handbook," version 3.0, pages 11, 39-41, 53,
"Microsoft Word for Windows User's Guide," version 2.0, pages 110-111,
Article ID: 88000 - Last Review: November 16, 2006 - Revision: 2.3
- Microsoft Word 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2.0a
- Microsoft Word for Windows 2.0b
- Microsoft Word 2.0c
- Microsoft Word 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 6.0a
- Microsoft Word 6.0c
- Microsoft Word 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 95a
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.