When you visit the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or you visit the Microsoft Update Web site, the text may be in a different language than the language you selected when
you first visited the site.
This problem occurs because Microsoft Internet Explorer uses global language detection to determine the language to use. Internet Explorer bases its language selection on the URL of the Web site that you are viewing. This problem may also occur if you select more than one language for use in Internet Explorer.
To work around this problem, select the language
that you want on the site. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the
Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click
- If more than one language is listed, or if the language
that you want as your default language is not listed, follow these steps:
- Click the language that you want to remove, and then click
- Repeat step a for each language that you want to
- If the language that you want as your default language
is missing, click Add, click the language that you want to add, and
then click OK.
- If more than one language is listed, and your
default language is not at the top of the list, click your default language, and then
repeatedly click Move Up until that language selection is at the top of
- Click OK two times.
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Windows Update
- If the language that this site appears in is incorrect, click the Settings link in
the left navigation pane of the Windows Update site, or click the Change Settings link in the left navigation pane of the Microsoft Update site.
- Click the language that you want the site to be displayed in, and then click Apply Changes Now.
Note The Apply Changes Now button is displayed in the
language that the site currently uses. This button is located in the
lower-right corner of the page. You may have to scroll down to see this
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 883826 - Last Review: September 20, 2005 - Revision: 4.3
- Microsoft Windows Update
- Microsoft Update
|kbwindowsupdatev4 kbwindowsupdatev6 kbwindowsupdatev5 kbwindowsupdate kbtshoot kbprb KB883826|