When you try to insert Clip Art into a Microsoft Office
document or publication, you may receive the following error message:
Clip organizer cannot complete the operation, the
specified procedure could not be found. Error code:
This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is
- There was an incorrect
installation of an
update to one of the Microsoft products that is listed in the Applies To section of this article.
there is a problem with one of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC).
To work around this problem, use the following methods in
the order that they appear in.
Method 1: Reinstall the Office product
- Click Start, click Run,
type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click your version of the Office Program in the
list of programs in the Add or Remove Programs dialog box. For example, click Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003.
- Click Change.
- Click Reinstall or Repair, and then click
- Click Reinstall Publisher or click
Reinstall Office, and then click
If the problem still occurs, go to Method 2.
Method 2: Install MDAC
To work around this problem, download and install Microsoft Data
Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 (Mdac_typ.exe) and the Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8
(SP8) (WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe) on your computer. To do this, follow
- Download and save to your hard disk the Microsoft Data
Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 installation file Mdac_typ.exe. To do this, visit
the following Microsoft Web site:
- Download and save to your hard disk the Jet 4.0 Service
Pack 8 installation file WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe. To do this, visit the
following Microsoft Web site:
- Restart your computer.
- When the computer finishes the Power On Self-Test (POST),
hold down the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode,
and then press ENTER.
- Open the folder where you saved the Mdac_typ.exe file in
- Double-click the Mdac_typ.exe file, and
then follow the instructions that appear the on screen to install MDAC
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode by using steps 4 and
- Open the folder where you saved the
WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe file in step 2.
- Double-click the
WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe file, and then follow the
instructions that appear on the screen to install Jet 4.0 SP8.
- Restart the computer to exit Safe Mode.
Article ID: 884424 - Last Review: July 25, 2012 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 with Digital Imaging
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002
|kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb KB884424|