Microsoft has released the Access 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Access 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Access 2002 issues that are fixed in the Access 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated September 10, 2004.
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
This hotfix package fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you use either Design view or SQL view to view a query that contains more than 2,048 characters in Access 2002, Access 2002 may quit unexpectedly. Additionally, you may receive one of the following error messages:
There isn't enough memory to perform this operation.
When you view the data in the error report, the report contains an error signature that is similar the following:
Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
To see what data this error report contains, click here.
Application name Application version Module name Module version Offset
Msaccess.exe 10.0.6501.0 Ntdll.dll 5.1.2600.2096 0001289d
- When you programmatically delete the last record on a form in Access 2002 Service Pack 3, the last record is deleted but you receive the following error message:
Run-time error '3021': No current record.
- When you click to disable or to enable the macros in a Microsoft Word 2002 document that you open from a hyperlink on an Access 2002 form, you cannot use the mouse to disable or to enable the macros. Instead, you must use the keyboard to disable or to enable the macros in this scenario.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install this hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version.
For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, we have tested this fix on Office XP SP3 more extensively than we have on Office XP SP2. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP SP2, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
10-Sep-2004 10:07 14,564,352 Msaccessff.msp (Full-File/Administrative)
10-Sep-2004 08:25 3,905,024 Msaccessop.msp (Optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
03-Sep-2004 02:06 10.0.6730.0 5,778,120 Msaccess.exe
08-Oct-2003 04:20 10.0.0.5730 399,928 Mscdm.dll
For additional information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 885235 - Last Review: November 1, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbofficexppostsp3fix kbbug kbquery kberrmsg kbautomation kbprogramming kbfix kbhotfixrollup KB885235|