Microsoft has released the Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for the proofing tools in Microsoft Office XP.
This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
This article describes the Microsoft Office XP issue that is fixed in the hotfix package that is dated October 8, 2004.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix is a repackage of the proofing tools files for Office XP. This hotfix includes version 22.214.171.124 of the Mssp3it.dll file for the Italian proofing tools.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP Service Pack 3 installed.
For more information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version.
For more information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. The full-file version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP Service Pack 3 hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP Service Pack 3 installed.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create a registry key or modify a registry key to use one of the hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists.
The global version of this hotfix uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
After the hotfix package is installed, the global version of this hotfix package has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For more information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses for software that is corrected after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 887592 - Last Review: October 9, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Proofing Tools Standard Edition
|kbautohotfix kbproof kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup kbfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB887592|