In Microsoft Windows Media Player 7 and Microsoft Windows
Media Player 8, you receive the following error message:
You have encountered an error, Error number 0x80004005 sorry no
more help is available.
You receive this error
when you perform one of the following procedures:
- You try to add a playlist to Media Player.
- You try to copy an audio CD by clicking Copy
- You try to copy an audio CD by clicking Copy from
This error occurs when the following files that are used by
Windows Media Player are damaged or corrupted:
To resolve this problem, you must delete the two
files listed in the Cause section. Then you must restart Windows Media Player. Starting Windows Media Player will
re-create the two files. To delete the files, follow these steps:
- Quit Windows Media Player.
- Right-click Start, and then click
- On the Tools menu, click Folder
- Click the View tab.
- Click to clear the Hide protected operating system
files (Recommended) check box.
- Click Show Hidden files and folders, and
then click OK.
- Locate the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Index folder.
- Delete the following files:
- Start Windows Media Player.
Article ID: 888020 - Last Review: September 23, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows Media Player for Windows XP