When you try to start the default Web site on a computer that is running Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) 2000, you receive the following error message:Note
This error message also occurs when you try to start the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
Additionally, the following event appears in the Application log:
Event ID: 115
Description: The service could not bind instance 1.
This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
- Another process is listening on the port to which the default Web site is assigned.
- Automatic discovery is enabled in Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000.
To resolve this problem, disable automatic discovery in ISA Server 2000. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Small Business Server Administrator Console.
- Expand Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000, expand Servers and Arrays, right-click ServerName, and then click Properties.
- Click the Auto Discovery tab, click to clear the Publish automatic discovery information check box, and then click OK.
- Click Save the changes and restart the services, and then click OK.
Article ID: 888826 - Last Review: October 30, 2006 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 Standard Edition