You try to save the changes to a picture that uses the Exchangeable Image File Format (EXIF) in Microsoft Paint. The picture is not saved, and you receive the following error message:
Paint cannot save this file.
Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved.
You cannot edit or save changes to the picture.
This problem may occur when the size of the EXIF-formatted picture is between 63,487 bytes and 65,535 bytes.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Make a backup copy of the picture to prevent the loss of your picture.
- Open the picture in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. To do this, in Windows Explorer, right-click the picture, point to Open With, and then click Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
- Click either Rotate Clockwise or Rotate Counterclockwise.
- If you are prompted to continue, click Yes.
- Click either Rotate Clockwise or Rotate Counterclockwise as many times as needed to rotate the picture 360 degrees.
- Click Copy To to save the changes to your picture.
Article ID: 889884 - Last Review: June 20, 2014 - Revision: 2.0