Microsoft has released the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Microsoft Office Access 2003. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Office Access 2003 issue that is fixed in the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated December 14, 2004.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- If you use the scroll bar to scroll up or down in a form in Microsoft Office Access 2003, you receive the following error message:
This issue may occur when all the following conditions are true:
Cannot open any more databases.
- You view the form in the DataSheet view.
- Your form has several subforms.
- The SubDataSheet Expanded property of the subform is set to Yes.
Service pack information
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed.
For additional information about Office 2003 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with or without Microsoft Office 2003 SP1 installed.
However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on computers that are running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed than we have on computers that are running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to enable the hotfix that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that
are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain of all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
14-Dec-2004 19:20 5.0.2919.6304 3,420,704 Office2003-kb890931-glb.exe
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
Date Time Size File name
14-Dec-2004 01:58 4,739,072 Msaccessff.msp (full-file/administrative)
14-Dec-2004 01:10 1,321,984 Msaccessop.msp (optimized)
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes(or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name
11-Dec-2004 04:10 11.0.6415.0 6,634,696 Msaccess.exe
- For additional information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For additional information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft product updates, tools, and add-ons
Article ID: 890931 - Last Review: July 11, 2012 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Office Access 2003
|kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kboffice2003sp2fix kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp2fix KB890931|