Microsoft has released the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. This article describes the following information about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Outlook 2003 issues that are fixed in the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated January 25, 2005.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issue:
JunkMailImportLists registry value may cause poor performance in Outlook 2003
This hotfix package also fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- The Outlook 2003 calendar does not print correctly if all the following conditions are true:
When this issue occurs, the first blank cover page does not print. This changes the layout of the printed work week calendar. Therefore, the calendar is printed with the day and the task items on different pages.
- You use the double-sided printing setting in Printing Preferences. The name of this setting may vary depending on your printer.
- The calendar is in Work Week view.
- You print the calendar by using the Daily Style print style.
- You configure the Daily Style print style to use the 2 pages/day layout.
- You print the calendar by using the Daily-Timer Senior Desk page size.
Service pack information
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install this version of the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed.
For additional information about Office 2003 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed or on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed.
However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed than we have on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed, some file conflicts may occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend it.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issue that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
25-Jan-2005 17:48 5.0.2919.6304 6,238,240 Office2003-kb892404-glb.exe
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
Date Time Size File name
24-Jan-2005 05:38 9,046,528 Outlookff.msp
24-Jan-2005 01:08 4,506,624 Outlookop.msp
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name
11-Sep-2004 02:17 11.0.6404.0 77,000 Dlgsetp.dll
27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 132,296 Envelope.dll
17-Nov-2004 23:15 11.0.6412.0 346,312 Exsec32.dll
27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 122,056 Impmail.dll
22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 158,912 Oladd.fae
22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 152,256 Olappt.fae
27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 117,952 Oljrnl.fae
27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 113,344 Olmail.fae
27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 104,640 Olnote.fae
22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 146,624 Oltask.fae
22-Jan-2005 03:06 11.0.6419.0 7,577,800 Outllib.dll
17-Dec-2004 03:27 11.0.6416.0 89,288 Outlmime.dll
28-Apr-2004 06:10 11.0.6353.0 196,296 Outlook.exe
11-Sep-2004 02:17 11.0.6404.0 140,480 Outlph.dll
27-Aug-2004 00:47 11.0.6402.0 44,744 Outlvbs.dll
11-Mar-2004 22:01 11.0.6254.0 74,936 Rm.dll
22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 111,808 Sc2.sam
22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 143,048 Schplus.sam
11-Oct-2004 19:29 11.0.6408.0 100,552 Transmgr.dll
- For additional information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For additional information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For additional information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 892404 - Last Review: July 11, 2012 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
|kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kboffice2003sp2fix kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp2fix KB892404|