Microsoft has released the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Outlook 2002 This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issue that is fixed in the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated February 2, 2005.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- The Meeting Request time that appears in the Auto Preview pane for the Outlook Inbox folder does not match the meeting time that appears in the Outlook Calendar
In Outlook 2002, the auto-preview of a meeting item that appears in the Inbox folder may display an incorrect meeting time. This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
When you use CDO to create a meeting, a time zone description property is not set on the meeting request message before that message is sent.
Therefore, when Outlook 2002 receives the meeting request message, Outlook 2002 has insufficient information to display the correct time zone information.
- The meeting was created in a different time zone than where you are running Outlook.
- The meeting was created programmatically by using Collaborative Data Objects (CDO).
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For more information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version.
For more information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, we have tested this fix on Office XP SP3 more extensively than we have on Office XP SP2. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP SP2, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
02-Feb-2005 23:46 2,877,440 Olkintlff.msp (full-file/administrative)
02-Feb-2005 23:29 371,712 Olkintlop.msp (optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name
18-May-2004 20:00 5.5.2658.7 727,504 Cdo.dll_0001
14-Jan-2005 03:02 5.5.2658.29 817,424 Cdo.dll_0004
19-Jun-2003 23:58 10.0.5417.0 133,696 Contab32.dll
05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 113,352 Emablt32.dll
05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 199,368 Emsabp32.dll_0005
28-Nov-2004 07:04 10.0.6742.0 539,336 Emsmdb32.dll_0005
13-Oct-2003 22:03 10.0.6308.0 129,592 Emsui32.dll_0005
28-Nov-2004 07:04 10.0.6742.0 854,728 Msmapi32.dll_0001
17-Dec-2003 21:32 10.0.6515.0 535,240 Mspst32.dll_0004
17-Dec-2003 21:31 10.0.6515.0 56,008 Olkfstub.dll
21-Jan-2005 07:46 10.0.6748.0 744,128 Outex.dll
08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 1,977,032 Outllibr.dll
13-Oct-2003 22:04 10.0.6308.0 338,496 Pstprx32.dll
For additional information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when you correct software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 893051 - Last Review: October 27, 2013 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbofficexppostsp3fix kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbhotfixserver KB893051|