Microsoft has released the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Microsoft Outlook 2002 This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package.
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Information about whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package.
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package.
- Files that the hotfix package contains.
This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issues that are fixed in the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated February 21, 2005.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- You send an HTML e-mail message in Outlook 2002 that contains several .jpg or .jpeg pictures that were pasted from a Microsoft Word document. When the recipient opens the HTML e-mail message, one or more of the following symptoms may occur:
This issue occurs because the Office Clipboard overwrites the Outlook 2002 temporary files when the pictures are copied.
- Some pictures may be missing.
- Some pictures may be duplicated.
- You export your Tasks items in Outlook 2002 to a file. When you view the exported data, the Date Completed field shows the task was completed one day earlier than it was actually completed.
This issue may occur because the Export feature in Outlook 2002 converts the date to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The Export feature does not convert the date back to the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) time zone that is specified in the Microsoft Windows operating system of the computer that was used to export the file.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version.
For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, we have tested this fix on Office XP SP3 more extensively than we have on Office XP SP2. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP SP2, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
21-Feb-2005 09:54 7,857,664 Outlookff.msp (full-file/administrative)
21-Feb-2005 06:18 3,687,936 Outlookop.msp (optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name
17-Feb-2005 01:28 10.0.6752.0 47,816 Outlook.exe
08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 80,584 Dlgsetp.dll
08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 39,624 Dumpster.dll
26-Apr-2004 17:27 10.0.6712.0 109,256 Envelope.dll
30-May-2003 16:08 10.0.5328.0 253,952 Exchcsp.dll
27-Aug-2004 02:52 10.0.6729.0 346,824 Exsec32.dll
11-Nov-2004 10:48 10.0.6740.0 137,928 Impmail.dll
17-Sep-2004 20:27 10.0.6732.0 207,552 Msoutl.olb
05-May-2004 01:47 10.0.6713.0 187,072 Oladd.fae
05-May-2004 01:47 10.0.6713.0 170,688 Olappt.fae
05-May-2004 01:47 10.0.6713.0 137,920 Oljrnl.fae
08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 133,824 Olmail.fae
05-May-2004 01:47 10.0.6713.0 166,592 Oltask.fae
08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 543,424 Outlcm.dll
03-Dec-2003 22:54 10.0.6501.0 92,688 Outlctl.dll
17-Feb-2005 01:28 10.0.6752.0 6,339,272 Outllib.dll
08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 92,872 Outlmime.dll
22-Oct-2004 20:52 10.0.6737.0 125,632 Outlph.dll
08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 47,816 Outlvbs.dll
25-Nov-2002 16:50 10.0.4721.0 47,688 Recall.dll
For additional information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 894267 - Last Review: October 27, 2013 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbexport kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbofficexppostsp3fix KB894267|