Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Office 2003. This article describes the following information about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Office 2003 issues that are fixed in the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated February 24, 2005.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you export the Tasks folder to a .csv file, the Date completed column may contain the incorrect date. The Date completed column may display a date that is one day earlier than the actual completion date.
This problem typically occurs on Microsoft Windows-based computers where the Time Zone setting is (GMT+01:00).
- Consider the following scenario. You create the following events and appointments in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003:
If you view the Outlook Today page on the last day of the first event, the events or appointments that you created are not displayed correctly. They appear to occur on the same day. That is, they appear to occur on the day that you are looking at the Outlook Today page.
- You create a new all-day event that spans one week.
- Then, you create new appointments or additional all-day events that occur during the following week.
For example, you create an all-day event that starts on January 17, 2005 and ends on January 21, 2005. Then, you create an all-day event that starts on January 24, 2005 and ends on January 25, 2005.
On the last day of the first event, you view the Outlook Today page. Both events appear to occur on that day's date, January 21, 2005.
- When you click Open a Shared Calendar in the Calendar folder in Outlook 2003, the shared calendar appears next to your existing calendar. However, if you resize the appointment in the shared calendar and then drag the appointment to your existing calendar, you may receive the following error message:
If you click Yes in response to the error message, you receive the error message again.
Your changes could not be saved because you do not have permission on some or all of the items
in the folder. Do you want to save a copy of this item in the default folder for this item?
- You install the Microsoft Proofing Tools for Office 2003. You use the Proofing Tools to examine the spelling of HTML documents that are written in the Estonian language. (Estonian has a Locale ID [LCID] of 1061.) If a misspelled word is found, the suggested alternative is in uppercase. This problem occurs even when the misspelled word is in the middle of a sentence.
This hotfix also fixes the Hungarian language spellchecker and the Romanian language spellchecker. (Hungarian has an LCID of 1038. Romanian has an LCID of 1048.)
Service pack information
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is an Office 2003 post-Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed. For additional information about Office 2003 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with SP1 installed or without SP1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on Office 2003 with SP1 than we have on Office 2003 without SP1. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without SP1, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
The following is the download information.
Date Time Version Size File name
23-Feb-2005 16:14 5.0.2919.6304 5,583,904 Office2003-kb894378-glb.exe
The following is the Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information.
Date Time Version Size File name
23-Feb-2005 01:28 9,193,472 Outlookff.msp
22-Feb-2005 20:55 3,904,512 Outlookop.msp
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name
18-Feb-2005 00:59 11.0.6423.0 88,264 Addrpars.dll
11-Sep-2004 02:17 11.0.6404.0 77,000 Dlgsetp.dll
27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 132,296 Envelope.dll
29-Jan-2005 00:09 11.0.6420.0 346,312 Exsec32.dll
27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 122,056 Impmail.dll
18-Feb-2005 02:16 11.0.6423.0 158,912 Oladd.fae
18-Feb-2005 02:16 11.0.6423.0 152,264 Olappt.fae
27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 117,952 Oljrnl.fae
27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 113,344 Olmail.fae
27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 104,640 Olnote.fae
18-Feb-2005 02:16 11.0.6423.0 147,144 Oltask.fae
18-Feb-2005 00:59 11.0.6423.0 7,578,824 Outllib.dll
17-Dec-2004 03:27 11.0.6416.0 89,288 Outlmime.dll
28-Apr-2004 06:10 11.0.6353.0 196,296 Outlook.exe
12-Feb-2005 09:41 11.0.6422.0 141,000 Outlph.dll
27-Aug-2004 00:47 11.0.6402.0 44,744 Outlvbs.dll
11-Mar-2004 22:01 11.0.6254.0 74,936 Rm.dll
22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 111,808 Sc2.sam
22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 143,048 Schplus.sam
11-Oct-2004 19:29 11.0.6408.0 100,552 Transmgr.dll
- For additional information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For additional information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For additional information about the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 894378 - Last Review: November 15, 2007 - Revision: 3.4
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003
|kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kboffice2003sp2fix kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp2fix KB894378|