When you try to apply a payment to an invoice in Microsoft Business Solutions - Axapta, in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, or in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, a red hand symbol appears next to the invoice in the Open-transaction editing
dialog box. The red hand symbol indicates that a settlement exists for the transaction. You cannot select the transaction for settlement until the current settlement is either removed or updated.
This problem occurs when a record in the SpecTrans table incorrectly indicates that a payment is applied to the invoice. This problem may occur when any one or more of the following conditions are true:
- Connectivity problems exist between the Microsoft Axapta client and the Axapta Object Server (AOS) instance.
- Power interruptions occur at the database server, at the Axapta Object Server (AOS), or at the client computer.
- Code has been modified in Microsoft Axapta.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Locate the record ID for the affected transaction. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Open-transaction editing dialog box.
- For an Accounts Payable transaction, click Accounts Payable in Microsoft Axapta. Click Vendors, select the vendor, click Functions, and then click Open-transaction editing.
- For an Accounts Receivable transaction, click Accounts Receivable in Microsoft Axapta. Click Customers, select the customer, click Functions, and then click Open-transaction editing.
- In the Open-transaction editing dialog box, select the record that incorrectly indicates that a payment is applied.
- Right-click the record, and then select Record Info.
- Click Show all Fields, and then locate the record ID.
Note The record ID is linked to the RefID field in the SpecTrans table.
- Back up the database before you remove the record.
- Delete the record by using the Table Browser or by using SQL Query Analyzer.
If you use SQL Query Analyzer, use the following statement. Replace the placeholders in the statement with the information that is correct for your situation.
DELETE SPECTRANS WHERE REFRECID = <RECID FROM STEP 1D> AND DATAAREAID = <COMPANY DATA_AREA>
Article ID: 894412 - Last Review: July 25, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
|kbprb kbmbsmigrate kbhowto KB894412|