When you try to log on to a meeting in Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007, you receive the following error message:
Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display.
This issue occurs if ActiveX controls are prevented from running on your computer. ActiveX controls may not run for one or both the following reasons:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer may be configured to block ActiveX controls from running.
- A firewall or a proxy server that exists between your computer and the Live Meeting conference center may be configured to block ActiveX controls.
To resolve this issue, enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Internet.
- Under Security level for this zone, click Custom Level.
- Under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, set all the following options:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Download signed ActiveX controls||Enable or Prompt|
|Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins||Enable or Prompt|
|Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting||Enable or Prompt|
- Click OK, click Yes, and then click OK.
If you still receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section after you follow these steps, it is likely that a firewall or a proxy server that exists between your computer and the Live Meeting conference center is blocking the ActiveX controls. In this scenario, request that your Information Technology (IT) department stop blocking ActiveX controls to your computer or that your IT department add *.placeware.com
to the list of trusted domains in the firewall or proxy server configuration.
To work around this issue, log on to Live Meeting by using the Web browser console. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click OK on the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
- Click the Use the Browser Console link to join Live Meeting.
Not all Live Meeting features are available when you use the browser console to join the Live Meeting.
Article ID: 894648 - Last Review: December 2, 2011 - Revision: 6.0
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007
|kbprb kbtshoot vkbportal230 vkbportal107 vkbportal238 KB894648|