This article describes the error messages that you may
receive when you try to install the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 Update v9.1
update for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight. This article
also lists the possible causes and resolutions for each error
Update Error Type: 25
You may receive the "Update Error Type: 25" error message if the
Fs91upd.exe update file is corrupted, or if the Fs91upd.exe update file does
not download. To resolve this error message, follow these steps:
- Delete the downloaded update file.
- Delete the temporary Internet files. To do this in
Microsoft Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click
- On the General tab under
Temporary Internet files, click Delete
- Click OK to confirm the deletion of
the temporary Internet files.
- Click OK to close the Internet
Options dialog box.
- Download the Flight Simulator 2004 Update v9.1
(Fs91upd.exe) update. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- After you have finished downloading the update file, you
must verify the file size of the update file. To do this, right-click the
Fs91upd.exe file, and then click Properties.
The correct file size of the update file is listed in the following table. The
correct file size depends on the language of the update.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Language version||File size|
|German||26.7 megabytes (MB) or 28,083,392
|English||26.7 megabytes (MB) or 28,087,528
|Spanish||26.7 megabytes (MB) or 28,080,232 bytes
|French||26.7 megabytes (MB) or 28,081,408
|Italian||26.7 megabytes (MB) or 28,081,920
|Japanese||27.2 megabytes (MB) or 28,536,624
- Use one of the following methods:
- If the update file is the correct file size as listed
in the table in step 4, double-click the Fs91upd.exe file to
install the update.
- If the update file is not the correct file size as
listed in the table in step 4, delete the downloaded update file, and then
download the update that is listed in step 3 again.
Update Error Type: 34Warning
If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious
problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft
cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry
Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own
You may receive the "Update Error Type: 34" error
message if there is a registry value that is not valid for the location of the
Fs9.exe file. To resolve this error message, correct the EXE
string value in the registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run,
type regedit in the Open box, and then
- Locate and then select the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0
- Right-click the EXE Path string value, and
then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, use one of the
following procedures, and then click OK:
- Type the correct path of the Fs9.exe file. For example,
type C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9
in the Value data box.
- Delete the path in the Value data
- On the File menu, click
Exit to quit Registry Editor.
- Double-click the Fs91upd.exe file to
install the update.
Article ID: 894732 - Last Review: September 29, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: Century of Flight
|kbtshoot kberrmsg kbinfo KB894732|