When you create background music in Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows, the music may not play correctly when the following conditions are true:
- On the Background Music screen in Photo Story 3 for Windows, you click Create Music to add the background music to your photo story.
- In the Genre box, under Custom music properties, you click Soundtrack or World.
In this scenario, some of the instruments in the arrangement may not play. For example, only percussion instruments may play.
This issue may occur if the hardware acceleration setting for your audio device is set to None
in Sounds and Audio Devices Properties
To resolve this issue, increase the hardware acceleration setting for your audio device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, and then click Sounds and Audio Devices.
Note In Classic View, click Sound and Audio Devices.
- On the Audio tab, click Advanced under Sound playback.
- On the Performance tab, move the Hardware acceleration to a higher setting.
- Click OK two times.
Article ID: 894743 - Last Review: November 1, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbprb KB894743|