Microsoft has released the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 issue that is fixed in the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated April 4, 2005.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you work in a shared calendar in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, performance may be slower than you expect. For example, this problem may occur when you do any one of the following:
- Open the shared calendar.
- Schedule a meeting in the shared calendar.
- Open a meeting or an appointment in the shared calendar.
- This problem may be intermittent when you work in a shared calendar.
- This problem may be more common when you work in a single calendar folder that is shared among three or more users.
Service pack information
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed.
For more information about Office 2003 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with SP1 installed or without SP1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on Office 2003 with SP1 than we have on Office 2003 without SP1. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without SP1, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to enable the hotfix that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
04-Apr-2005 14:29 5.0.2919.6304 5,789,216 Office2003-kb896418-glb.exe
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information.
Date Time Size File name
04-Apr-2005 03:53 9,394,688 Outlookff.msp (full-file/administrative)
03-Apr-2005 22:32 4,206,592 Outlookop.msp (optimized)
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
26-Mar-2005 03:06 11.0.6501.0 196,296 Outlook.exe
17-Feb-2005 22:59 11.0.6423.0 88,264 Addrpars.dll
11-Sep-2004 00:17 11.0.6404.0 77,000 Dlgsetp.dll
18-Mar-2005 16:41 11.0.6500.0 132,296 Envelope.dll
01-Mar-2005 19:27 11.0.6424.0 247,808 Exchcsp.dll
28-Jan-2005 22:09 11.0.6420.0 346,312 Exsec32.dll
26-Aug-2004 22:48 11.0.6402.0 122,056 Impmail.dll
18-Feb-2005 00:16 11.0.6423.0 158,912 Oladd.fae
18-Feb-2005 00:16 11.0.6423.0 152,264 Olappt.fae
26-Aug-2004 22:57 11.0.6402.0 117,952 Oljrnl.fae
26-Aug-2004 22:57 11.0.6402.0 113,344 Olmail.fae
26-Aug-2004 22:57 11.0.6402.0 104,640 Olnote.fae
18-Feb-2005 00:16 11.0.6423.0 147,144 Oltask.fae
01-Apr-2005 18:05 11.0.6502.0 7,583,944 Outllib.dll
24-Feb-2005 19:32 11.0.6424.0 89,288 Outlmime.dll
18-Mar-2005 16:41 11.0.6500.0 141,000 Outlph.dll
26-Mar-2005 03:06 11.0.6501.0 64,200 Outlrpc.dll
26-Aug-2004 22:47 11.0.6402.0 44,744 Outlvbs.dll
11-Mar-2004 20:01 11.0.6254.0 74,936 Rm.dll
22-Jan-2005 01:20 11.0.6419.0 111,808 Sc2.sam
22-Jan-2005 01:20 11.0.6419.0 143,048 Schplus.sam
11-Oct-2004 17:29 11.0.6408.0 100,552 Transmgr.dll
- For additional information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For additional information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 896418 - Last Review: November 15, 2007 - Revision: 3.5
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
|kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kboffice2003sp2fix kbcalendar kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp2fix KB896418|