Microsoft has released the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Excel 2002. This article describes the following information about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Excel 2002 issues that are fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated June 28, 2005.
This hotfix package fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you try to create a PivotTable that is connected to an Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cube in an Excel 2002 workbook, you receive the following error message:
When you click the link to view the data that the error report contains, you receive an error signature that is similar to the following:
Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Excel. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error report contains, click here.
AppName AppVer ModName ModVer Offset
Excel.exe 10.0.6501.0 Excel.exe 10.0.6501.0 00600e95
- Consider the following scenario. In an Excel 2002 workbook, you run a Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro that searches for the dependents of a cell in a data table. When you run the macro for the first time, the macro returns the correct number of dependent cells. When you run the macro again for the same cell, you receive the following error message:
Additionally, you run the macro on another cell in the same data table after you receive the error message. If the other cell shares dependent cells with the original cell, the dependent cells that were counted for the original cell are subtracted from the total for the other cell. When this behavior occurs, the macro returns an incorrect number of dependent cells.
Run-time error '1004':
No cells were found.
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note
In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install this version of the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For more information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 or a later version.
For more information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, we have tested this hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP SP3 more extensively than we have on a computer that is running Office XP SP2. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP SP2, some file conflicts may occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend it.
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
28-Jun-2005 21:49 15,027,200 Excelff.msp (full-file/administrative)
28-Jun-2005 21:49 5,061,120 Excelop.msp (optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name
27-Jun-2005 22:11 10.0.6768.0 9,194,176 Excel.exe
For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses for software that is corrected after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 903038 - Last Review: October 27, 2013 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbqfe kbhotfixserver atdownload kbprogramming kbvba kbformula kbpivottable kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbofficexppostsp3fix KB903038|