You can use target-line parameters to customize the Microsoft Dungeon Siege II startup process and to resolve certain problems that may occur when you try to start or play the game. This article lists the target-line parameters and explains how they work.
The following table lists the target-line parameters that you can use to start Dungeon Siege II.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|dpnsvr=false||If you receive a black screen while you try to join or to host a multiplayer session of Dungeon Siege II, this parameter may resolve the issue.|
|fpslog=true||Records frames-per-second information and outputs the information to the Fps.log file in the Dungeon Siege 2 folder.|
|nosound=true||Turns off all sounds. This includes music.|
|nointro=true||Skips the Microsoft and GPG logo movies when the game starts.|
|noloadintro=true||Skips the game’s cinematic introduction when you start to play a single-player game.|
|fullscreen=false||Forces Dungeon Siege II to run in windowed mode.|
|height=xxxx||Forces Dungeon Siege II to run at xxxx resolution height.|
|width=xxxx||Forces Dungeon Siege II to run at xxxx resolution width.|
|bpp=xx||Forces Dungeon Siege II to run in a specific color depth, where xx can be 16 or 32.|
|nospacecheck=true||Skips the free-disk-space and available-memory checks on startup.|
|turtle=true||Turns on auto-disconnect from a multiplayer session when a computer times out, or when there is no response from a computer for a long time. By default, this feature is on. Setting the turtle=false parameter turns off auto-disconnection. Do not change this option.|
|maxfps=xx||Forces Dungeon Siege II to run at a maximum frame rate of xx.|
|Tutorial_tips=false||Disables all tutorial tips in-game.|
|keys_path=path||Specifies a location other than the \My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2 folder where the Keys game files are saved.|
|save_path=path||Specifies a location other than \My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2 folder where the Save game files are saved.|
|shots_path=path||Specifies a location other than the \My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2 folder where the Screenshots game files are saved.|
To manually add parameters to the Dungeon Siege II shortcut target line, follow these steps:
- Right-click Start, and then click Open or click Open All Users.
- Double-click the Programs folder.
- Double-click the Dungeon Siege 2 folder.
Right-click the Dungeon Siege 2 shortcut icon, and then click Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab.
- Click the Target box, press END, press SPACEBAR, and then type the parameter that you want to use. If you want to use an additional parameter, insert a blank space after the first parameter, and then type the next parameter.
For example, the following target line includes two parameters:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege 2\DungeonSiege2.exe" nointro=true fullscreen=false
- Click OK.
- Close the window that is currently active.
- Insert the Dungeon Siege II CD 1 into the CD or DVD drive. If you press the SHIFT key at the time that you insert the CD, the program does not automatically start.
- Start Dungeon Siege II from the shortcut that you modified.
Article ID: 903677 - Last Review: September 28, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Dungeon Siege II
|dftsdahomeportal kbconfig kbhowto KB903677|