Microsoft has released security bulletin MS06-012. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update. This information includes file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Known issues after installation
After the security update is installed, you may experience the following issues:
- You cannot display the Save As dialog box when a chart sheet is active. When a chart sheet is active and you click the Save icon, or you click Save as on the File menu, the Save As dialog box is not displayed.
- When the chart sheet is active and you have not saved the spreadsheet, Excel does not save the workbook when you click the Save icon or when you click Save or Save As on the File menu.
- When you try to exit Excel without saving the workbook, you receive a message that asks whether you want to save the changes. If you click Yes, you are asked repeatedly whether you want to save the changes.
- If an Excel worksheet named Book1.xls already exists in the current folder, you may receive a message that asks whether you want to overwrite the existing workbook. If you click Yes, the workbook is not saved.
To work around these issues, click the worksheet so that the worksheet is active instead of the chart sheet. After you click the worksheet, the Save functionality works correctly.
Article ID: 905757 - Last Review: October 27, 2013 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbupdate kbexpertisebeginner kbqfe kbsecurity kbsecvulnerability kbbug kbfix kbpubtypekc KB905757|