Microsoft has released the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Outlook 2002. This article describes the following information about the hotfix package:
- Issue that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for applying the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart the computer after you apply the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issue that is fixed in the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated November 16, 2005.
Issue that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- If you forward a signed e-mail message that contains unsafe attachments as an unsigned e-mail message, the unsafe attachments are added to the message body when the recipient opens the message.
This behavior occurs if the following conditions are true:
To look for unexpected client add-ins, follow these steps:
- A client add-in is installed.
- The client add-in modifies the attachments as part of the add-in's processing.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Other tab, click Advanced Options.
- Click Add-In Manager.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- Both the optimized version and the full-file version of this hotfix are post-Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfixes. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For more information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version.
For more information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issue that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
After you apply the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 910277 - Last Review: October 27, 2013 - Revision: 1.4
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbbug kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbofficexppostsp3fix KB910277|