Microsoft has released the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Outlook 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Outlook 2002 issues that are fixed in the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated January 27, 2006.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
The following issue is fixed in this hotfix package:
You cannot design a form or open an Outlook Form template file in Outlook 2002 if Word is not installed
This hotfix package also fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- As a delegate, you open another user's mailbox in Outlook 2002. Then, you open an HTML-formatted e-mail message. However, when you use the Outlook Message Format (*.msg) option to save the e-mail message that you opened, the e-mail message is not saved. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version and the full-file version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For more information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version.
For more information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You must create a registry key or modify a registry key to use one of the hotfixes that this package contains.
For more information about this registry key, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
You cannot design a form or open an Outlook Form template file in Outlook 2002
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain of all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 910837 - Last Review: October 27, 2013 - Revision: 2.4
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbofficexppostsp3fix kbexpertisebeginner kberrmsg kbbug kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbhotfixrollup KB910837|