When you try to install one of the products that are listed in the "Applies To" section, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
Unable to install.
Error 1402: Could not open key "Unknown\Microsoft.MapPoint.wifiscanner.1\CLSID"
This issue may occur if permissions to a specific key in the Windows Registry was denied because the registry is corrupted or because of registry permissions.
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- If you are using Microsoft Windows XP or an earlier version, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
If you are using WindowsVista, click Start
, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click Regedit in the Programs list.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- Delete the following subkeys from the registry:
Note Make sure that you delete every registry key because you will receive a different error message every time that you install the program.
- Install the program that you want.
Article ID: 913188 - Last Review: September 29, 2011 - Revision: 6.0
- Microsoft AutoRoute 2007
- Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with GPS Locator
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007 with GPS Locator
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006
- Microsoft MapPoint 2009 North America
- Microsoft MapPoint 2009 North America with GPS Locator
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009 with GPS Locator
|dftsdahomeportal kberrmsg kbprb KB913188|