This article describes how to import your Personal Address Book to Microsoft Outlook 2010
When you install Outlook 2010, it automatically converts the Personal Address Book that you used in an earlier version of Microsoft Outlook. Outlook 2010 then adds the converted data to your Outlook 2010 Contacts folder.
If Outlook 2010 does not automatically convert your Personal Address Book, you can import your Personal Address Book to Outlook 2010. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook 2010.
- Click the File menu.
- Click Open, and then click Import. The Import and Export Wizard opens.
- Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Click Personal Address Book, and then click Next.
- Click Browse, locate the Personal Address Book that you want to import, and then click OK.
Note Earlier versions of Outlook assign a .pab file name extension to a Personal Address Book. By default, Outlook stores the Personal Address Book in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to import the Personal Address Book.
Article ID: 913496 - Last Review: November 18, 2011 - Revision: 6.0
|kbcontacts kbexpertisebeginner kbhowto KB913496|