This article describes how to move Groove program and data
files to a different local drive.Note
These instructions are for Groove Virtual Office 3.1 and earlier versions of Groove. Later versions do not support custom program and data locations.
You can select the Groove folders only during the
installation process. If you want to move Groove data and program files after
you install Groove, follow these steps. Note
Messages are not copied when you import your Groove account.
Therefore, you may lose all saved messages from the message history when you
import your Groove account to a second computer. If you have messages that you
want to keep, save them to a workspace before you follow these steps.
- Back up your Groove account to a second computer by using
the multiple computers feature.
For more information about the
multiple computers feature, see the "Using your account on another computer" topic in
the Groove User's Guide.
Note You must have a second computer that has
Groove installed to use the multiple computers feature to import your Groove account and to retrieve all the
- On the second computer, download all your workspaces from
the first computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Groove Launchbar, click a workspace in the
- In the Common Tasks pane, click
- Click the computer from which you want to download the
- Repeat steps 2a through 2c for each workspace.
When a workspace has been successfully downloaded to the second computer, the workspace status changes to Unread, and
the workspace status icon no longer appears dimmed.
- Review the Groove workspaces on the second computer to make
sure that all the data has been imported.
- Remove Groove from the first computer.
For more information about how to remove Groove, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to uninstall Groove
- Restart the computer, and then reinstall Groove.
- When you are prompted to specify a location for the program
and the data, specify the drive and the folder that you want to use.
Note If you are using Groove Virtual Office, click Custom
Install to be prompted to specify a location.
- On the first computer, repeat steps 1 and 2 to import the
workspaces and the data from the second computer.
Note To help protect your Groove account, we recommend that you save
your Groove account from the new installation.
for other considerations.
Article ID: 914730 - Last Review: October 24, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 File Sharing Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Professional Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Project Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Trial Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 File Sharing Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Professional Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Project Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Trial Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Preview Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Professional Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Project Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB914730|