After you install the following hardware on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, the screen saver does not work:
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A Model: 1027
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Model: 1008
This problem occurs because third-party programs cause driver conflicts.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Perform a clean restart of the computer to identify the third-party programs that cause the driver conflicts.
For more information about how to perform a clean restart of the computer in Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
- Remove the third-party programs that cause the driver conflicts on the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- In the list of programs, click the third-party program, and then click Remove.
- Repeat step b for all the third-party programs that cause the driver conflicts.
- Restart the computer.
- Use an antispyware program to remove unwanted software on the computer.
For more information about how to obtain Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta), click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
892279To download and install Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06, visit the following Lavasoft Web site:
How to obtain Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
- Perform an online virus scan of the computer. To do this, visit the following Trend Micro Web site:
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 916256 - Last Review: September 23, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition