You try to sign in to the Credit Card Processing Web site so that you can manage a credit card in Microsoft Office Accounting Express, in Microsoft Office Accounting Professional, or in
Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006. In this situation, you receive the following error message:
Failed connect to the credit card application website. Check your internet connection and try again later.
This problem occurs when you try to sign in by using your e-mail address and your password in order to set up the credit card processing service.
This problem may occur because one or more of the following conditions are true:
- The connection settings of Microsoft Internet Explorer are incorrect.
- The e-mail address or the password is incorrect.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click Delete Cookies under Temporary Internet files.
- In the Delete Cookies dialog box, click OK.
- On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet files.
- In the Delete Files dialog box, click OK.
- On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
- Select the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.
- Select Company, and then click Preferences.
- Click the General tab.
Click Restore Default Settings, click OK, and then click OK again.
- Try to sign in to the Credit Card Processing Web site.
- If this problem occurs after step 12, verify that the e-mail address and the password are correct. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- You can also contact Microsoft Support for help. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 917774 - Last Review: September 10, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2008
- Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2008
- Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2007
|kbtshoot kberrmsg kbmbsmigrate kbprb KB917774|