You have a Microsoft Office Visio 2007 drawing that contains one or more images or objects that link to data. When you try to apply a data graphic to the image or to the object, the data graphic is not displayed.
For example, you experience this symptom if you try to apply a data graphic to any one of the following image file formats or objects:
- Tag Image File Format (.tif)
- Graphics Image File Format (.gif)
- JPEG File Interchange Format (.jpg)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- Windows Bitmaps (.bmp, .dib)
- Enhanced Meta File Formats (.emf, .emz)
- Windows Meta File Format (.wmf)
AutoCAD drawings (.dwg, .dxf)
- Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) objects
This behavior occurs because you cannot apply data graphics to images or to objects in Visio 2007. This behavior is by design in Visio 2007.
To work around this behavior, follow these steps:
- Group the image or object together with one or more shapes in your drawing. To do this, select the shapes and the image or the object that you want to group, point to Grouping on the Shape menu, and then click Group.
- Add data to the group. To do this, use one of the following procedures:
- Define shape data for the group. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the group, and then click Shape Data on the Data menu.
- When you are prompted to confirm whether you want to define shape data, click Yes.
- In the Define Shape Data dialog box, specify the shape data that you want, and then click OK.
- Link data to the group. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the group, and then click Link Data to Shapes on the Data menu.
- Follow the instructions in the Data Selector Wizard.
- Apply the data graphic to the group.
To do this, click Display Data on Shapes on the Data menu, and then apply the data graphic that you want.
You can apply data graphics to shapes in a drawing to show the data about the shapes. For more information about how to work with data graphics in Visio 2007, see Visio 2007 Help. To do this, click Microsoft Office Visio Help
on the Help
menu, type data graphics
in the Type words to search for
box, and then click Search
to view a list of relevant topics.
Article ID: 923596 - Last Review: May 20, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Visio Premium 2010
- Microsoft Visio Professional 2010
- Microsoft Visio Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
|kbtshoot kbgraphic kbdisplay kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB923596|